ONE LITTLE WORD
Touring to Schools Summer 2017
We meet two characters who play together – exploring a new space, new objects, dressing up and taking turns – but struggles arise when one of them wants to be the ONLY captain of the ship.
A beautiful and gentle story of friendship, positive conflict resolution and the rich world of creative play. This sensitive production, performed by two actors, is underscored with a specially composed soundtrack and contains only one spoken word.
- Provides a safe context to explore motivations, actions and consequences
- Encourages greater empathy and understanding of difference and diversity through a deep connection with the characters
- Is non-verbal and highly accessible for diverse audiences, such as those with EAL and children with additional needs
- Offers teachers a perfect early opportunity to nurture a culture of fairness and respect
- Delights audiences with a playful, yet deeply moving story of the joys and struggles of friendship
- Offers positive models of sharing and negotiation
- Enhances children’s emotional literacy
“Links beautifully with the EYFS Curriculum”
RMBC Advisory Teacher
“I was amazed that 3 and 4 year olds were so engaged by the acting even though there were no words (until the one was spoken!) For our school and our children, this was just what we needed. A brilliant performance”
Head Teacher, St John’s RC Primary School
Please contact Lucy on email@example.com or 01706355898 for more information or to book.